Reasons why the Artist is the best husband, most respectful man, and such a great human being:
1. He makes it clear that we both equally share the responsibilities of keeping up a household with cleaning and cooking and maintaining it. I never feel like it is my “duty”, and I never “feel expected” to do these tasks. Even when he is writing his thesis from morning until night, and I choose to have a movie marathon in bed, and I say “I should have done those dishes today instead of watching movies”, clearly I had more availability then he did, he still indicates to me that it is equally our responsibility, and that he will do them tomorrow. He never even makes jokes about “women belonging in the kitchen” and what not.
2. Piggybacking on the above, he is extremely grateful. For everything. Every day. All the time. If I cook him breakfast, his face lights up as if I have never done something so nice before, he thanks me, and shows some affection. Thank-yous never become implied, he is always full of gratitude and expresses it.
3. He surprises me. Whether it is coming home with some chocolate, choosing the most perfect gift, or making me laugh in some strange way.
4. He supports me. He truly believes that I can do anything, he is my biggest fan and cheerleader in life.
5. He gets me. Not only does he understand all my weird quirks as much as another person possibly can, he likes them.
6. He loves me, and tells me every day, several times.
7. He respects me. He never yells or shouts or plays mind games. He is never sarcastic or negative towards me.
8. He compliments me. Whether I am at my best or at my worst, and not just on my appearance, but with regards to my inner self. Recently he paused and looked at me and smiled. Then he moved in for a hug and told me how good I looked. And just so you know, I was wearing jeans, a plain tank top and cardigan, no make-up, not showered, and was putting on my new scarf.
9. He is so generous. He gives me most of his dessert, the last chip out of the bowl, his McDonald’s fries (which are my most favourite fries EVER), his ice cream, he adjusts the volume on the TV which has to be done manually, he serves me dinner right to my lap on the couch, and he is generous with all of the above points.
10. He is very sensitive and affectionate. He has so much empathy, passion, and love. He is caring and sweet. He loves to snuggle with me, hold me hand, kiss my forehead, and stroke my cheeks.
11. He inspires me. To be the best me that I can be, to enjoy life to the fullest, to love hard, to live hard, and embrace the present moment. He inspires me to follow my dreams, and never give up.
He is my Artist, and I love him with all my heart ❤
My favourite time of day? Bed time- and not just because sleeping is one of my favourite things to do. It is that moment when the Artist and I get under the covers, snuggle up together, and have our nightly chit-chat as we fall asleep. The world is quiet, stresses melt away, we share a laugh or two, and I feel so safe, secure, and comforted with Steve’s big arms wrapped around me. It is that moment every night that reassures me, that no matter what happens, all we really need is one another.
And that, my friends, despite what my bank account says, is what makes me truly rich.