This summer has gone by SO fast. I had to take a moment and think about what I actually did because it really just flew by. Then I realized, we had some great adventures! Here is a sample:
1. Went to the zoo.
2. Went to the botanical gardens.
3. Picnic in the park on a sunny day.
4. The Artist got his first tattoo. See: https://emilyandherartist.wordpress.com/2014/07/15/the-artists-first-tattoo/
5. We spent a weekend with my sister and brother in law.
6. We played darts at Blueberry Hill.
7. Horror movie marathon with a friend.
8. Became good friends with our new neighbour across the hall.
9. Discovered a great, brand new Goodwill store nearby with great items.
10. Went to one of our favourite restaurants for Pad Thai, called Basil Spice.
11. Saw the latest Wes Anderson movie in theatres, The Grand Budapest Hotel.
12. Went to the circus.
13. Each celebrated a birthday.
14. Went to some art shows.
15. The Artist made homemade alfredo pasta with grilled pork loin. I don’t even like alfredo sauce but he had a vision. So I tried some- it was AMAZING! I guess it is the stuff in jars or pre-made sauce that I don’t like because this homemade sauce was delicious.
16. Went bowling.
17. A walk in forest park at dusk on a brisk, beautiful day.
18. The Artist had his thesis show and I threw him a little surprise. See: https://emilyandherartist.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/surprise/
19. We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. Read about our love story here! https://emilyandherartist.wordpress.com/2013/08/28/3-years-of-the-best-marriage-ever/
20. I got a job! Which involved the getting work permission, which was stressful, but I did it!
21. The Artist got gallery representation. Yes, that’s right! He has been a busy beaver with that.
22. I got my ears pierced- for the very first time ever! Most women get them done so young they don’t even remember it. I have never had a piercing at all, and it was no pain(or blood)-free! But I love them and am so excited to try out all kinds of earrings after they heal 🙂
No wonder summer went by so fast, we were so busy! I am so fortunate to be able to do all of these things! The Artist and I are officially announcing that we are staying in St. Louis for now, because I have got a job 🙂 What a whirlwind it has been these last few months ❤ Cheers to our future!