Normally gluten-free baking sucks. But I recently made this and it was amazing! Even the Artist loved it. It is moist and has a great texture!
Recipe for gluten-free spiced apple and oats loaf.
Makes 4 mini loaves.
- 3 small grated apples (I used gala and left the skins on, use less if they are larger apples)
- 2 cups of oats (I used Old Fashioned and wanted to pulse them a tad to make them smaller and accidentally made the first cup into flour, but left the second cup more chunky)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (scant)
- 2/3 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup of white sugar (scant)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- to taste: extra cinnamon, nutmeg, ground clove, ground ginger
I know there is all kinds of reasons to first mis wet ingredients, then add the dry, etc. but I just added everything and mixed it, adding the oats last. I greased by mini loaf pan with butter and baked at 350 F until a toothpick came out clean.
Next time I am going to add walnuts 🙂